Women Gamers is a community for women who game! That's not to say we're exclusive as really anyone can join! Whatever your poison, whether it be video gaming, tabletop rpgs, computer gaming, card/board games, etc.
Membership is currently moderated. Inactive or brand new journals or anyone else that may appear to be a sockpuppet will not be permitted to join as a precautionary.
If you are denied membership yet you are a real person and not a bot, please contact one of the mods privately or through the moderation community wg_mods.
Special THANK YOU to burntfeather for the use of her drawing for our layout. She is awesome!
Rules schmules, right? Ehh...no. Because this is the internet and sometimes people can be jerks, we need rules to make sure we're in a comfortable environment. We're doing what we can to keep women_gamers an awesome place. Please read these rules before participating.
1. Please stay on topic. This community is about gaming, let's keep it that way.
2. No intro posts. One of the mods will make a monthly intro post for new members to comment on. Intro posts made by members will be promptly deleted.
3. Use LJ-cuts. Any youtube videos or pictures larger than 200x200 need a cut. If you don't know how to use an LJ-cut, check the faqs. Pornographic images are not allowed whatsoever.
4. This is not a shopping center. If you are looking to sell your used games or gaming related items, please go elsewhere. Ebay was made for that.
5. Do not delete posts or comments. Also, do not set your post to screen or disable comments.
6. We all have opinions. Please try to respect the opinions of others. There may be conflicts in the community from time to time. Please do not bring personal attacks to the table. If you see something like this please bring it to the mod's attention. First time there will be a warning. Second time, banhammer.
7. On that note, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. If you post something, there may be a chance you won't get the response you like. Keep that in mind when posting.
8. No derailing. See Derailing for Dummies if you're not sure what that is.
9. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT TROLL PERSONAL JOURNALS. You will be banned without warning. If someone has brought an argument over to your personal LJ, please let a mod know.
10. Racial, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, offensive slurs, or bigoted language will not be tolerated, even if they are not directed at anyone in particular. This will result in an immediate ban.
11. Please keep your posts in an easy to read format. No huge, colorful fonts. And no one wants to read a huge wall of text.
Any issues, please contact the mods at wg_mods.
Communities you should check out because you're awesome like that:
If you'd like to be affiliated with women_gamers, please PM one of the mods or make a post at wg_mods
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!
See a bug? Let us know! Here you can also share your thoughts and ideas about updates to LiveJournal
Your request has been filed. You can track the progress of your request at:
If you have any other questions or comments, you can add them to that request at any time.
Help us make LiveJournal better! Answer a few questions to share your experiences using LiveJournal with us. It won't take more than 10 minutes!Take a survey